Title of Position: Manager, Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Head of Marketing
Manager, Marketing & Communications will lead, develop and manage marketing and communications to drive commercial success for the 2024 Men’s Final Four and AMEC. This role will support the efforts to be best in class and to achieve branding, awareness and attendance goals in addition to supporting achievement of reaching or exceeding the fundraising target.
- Assist with execution of marketing plan to meet brand, revenue and expense targets.
- Assist with marketing plan execution, including: advertising, promotion, digital and social content, public relations, influencers, branded merchandise, grassroots efforts, bid requirements and external presentations.
- Contribute to integrated marketing and content plan to drive consistency and maximum impact of the 2024 Men’s Final Four and AMEC brands across all external and internal channels.
- Support efforts to deliver fully integrated communications plan with our media partners including managing trade media bank and partner-facing programs.
- Create and implement monthly e-newsletter communications working with Head of Marketing to determine content.
- Work closely with Head of Marketing and NCAA Marketing team on programs, promotions, advertising, bid fulfillment and the style guide.
- Manage statewide grassroots marketing efforts related to Fan Jam and trophy tour while keeping community engagement and multi-cultural marketing a primary focus.
- Provide weekly metrics and dashboard on marketing initiatives to track campaign progress.
- Maintain databases of marketing assets, e-communications and strategic partners contact information and media inventory.
- Assist Head of Marketing to prepare and deliver thorough post-event recap reports to CEO by 4/30/24.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by leadership.
- Marketing strategy experience and execution for large-scale, major brand sponsorship portfolio.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Arizona business, Native American Community and fan landscape to tailor communications for maximum success.
- Ability to effectively prioritize efforts in highly dynamic, fast paced and fluid environment, while remaining productive and professional.
- Demonstrates ability to be solutions-oriented and respond quickly and succinctly to audibles.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player and positive mojo.
- Strong writing skills with ability to edit and proof read.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
The Arizona Major Events Host Committee, an Arizona 501(c)(3) private non-profit corporation, is an equal opportunity employer.